Wednesday 27 April 2011

Timbaland ft. OneRepublic: "Apologize" (2007)




"Apologize" (marketed in many countries using the British English spelling "Apologise") is a song written by OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder for OneRepublic's debut album Dreaming Out Loud. A remix version was included on the Timbaland album, Shock Value and on the deluxe version of Dreaming Out Loud. The song was the biggest radio airplay hit in the history of the Top 40 radio in North America, with 10,394 plays in one week, until its record was broken by Leona Lewis's "Bleeding Love," which was also co-written by Tedder. The song was a major hit internationally, reaching number-one in 16 countries, including Australia, Austria, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Sweden, Egypt, Turkey, and the Netherlands, as well as staying at number-one for eight consecutive weeks on the Billboard Pop 100 chart. The song charted in the top three on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent thirteen weeks at number-one in Canada. "Apologize" was ranked #50 on the list of the Billboard Hot 100's All-Time Top Songs list from the chart's first 50 years. It spent 25 consecutive weeks in the top 10, the longest stay there for any song since "Smooth," by Santana which spent 30 weeks in 1999. It was also ranked #10 on the Billboard Hot 100 Songs of the Decade. It remains OneRepublic's biggest hit single in the USA to date, and their only one to reach the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.


- Lyrics:


I'm holding on your rope
Got me ten feet off the ground
And I'm hearing what you say
But I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down
But wait...
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around and shake...
That it's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
I'd take another chance, take a fall, take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
(But that's nothing new)
Yeah yeah
I loved you with a fire red, now it's turning blue
And you say
Sorry like the angel, heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid
It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologizes, it's too late
Woahooo woah
It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
woahooo woah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, a yeah
I'm holding on your rope
Got me ten feet off the ground...




No comments:

Post a Comment